Pride Peers is a mentorship and support program from the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center. Pride Peers cultivates success through support and provides strength in community and diversity for LGBTQ identified students at Williams College.
Pride Peers will:
- Receive training in September covering:
- one-on-one support
- basic LGBTQ health concerns
- bystander intervention
- basic small group facilitation
- discussing sex
- resources on campus
- Be publicly available to offer support to students when they have questions about LGBTQ issues (posters with Pride Peers smiling faces).
- Host a beginning of the year dinner for LGBTQ frosh
- Host regular gatherings or evens for LGBTQ students
- …and more!
Beyond that, Pride Peers can develop their own programing, and ideas with the support of the GSRC.